Good evening Wolves,
Yesterday the Governor issued a new order from the Health Department continuing the pause to many public gatherings that include youth contact sports. Today we received guidance from MAHA and the West Shore Community College’s COVID task force explaining what the latest order means for West Shore Community Ice Arena and our West Shore Wolves youth hockey association.
1. Wolves team practices will resume Monday, January 18th at their respective times.
- Full team practices are allowed.
- Strictly no contact drills
- Masks are required for all who enter WSCIA and must be worn at all times, including on ice.
- Spectators will be allowed at practice but siblings/children must stay with their parent/guardian and are not allowed to wander around. Please keep the spectators to a minimum.
2. Games and scrimmages are NOT allowed and will not be sanctioned by MAHA.
- MAHA districts are not affected by the latest extension and are still scheduled for the last weekend in February or the first weekend in March.
- ADRAY was affected by the extension and an announcement has not been made yet by ADRAY. We anticipate an announcement in the coming days regarding the future of our ADRAY season.
3. Refunds/reimbursements will be discussed by the Board at a later date.
- Any refunds will be processed only after the season has officially concluded.
- The final payment installment scheduled for Jan. 15th has been changed to Feb. 15th.
4. The tentative end of the season will be March 21st. Teams last practice will be the Wednesday or Thursday before. Teams who earn a spot in the State tournaments will be allowed to practice after March 21st if need be.
The Board hopes you and your family have remained safe and healthy through these last couple of months. We appreciate your patience and look forward to seeing everyone out at the rink very soon!
We will pass along more updates as they become available. Also check with the Ice Arena for upcoming opportunities for open skate and sticks and pucks.
West Shore Wolves Board